Friedrich Hinterberger, born in 1959, is the founding President of SERI. Studies of national economics at the Johannes-Kepler University Linz. 1985-1991 scientific member at the Justus-Liebig University Gießen. Since 1985 he has been teaching at universities both in Austria and abroad. 1993-2000 leader of the working group Ecological Economics and Ecological Economical Policy at the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
Since 1999 founding president of the Sustainable Europe Research Institute. Board member of the Austrian Chapter of the Club of Rome. Work focus: Ecological Economics, Scenarios for sustainable economies and societies, Quality of Life Research.
+43 (0)1 969 0728 15
- Austrian Environmental Journalism Prize 2018
- SERI recommends: From Imperialist Lifestyle to Circular Economy – will it be enough?
- SERI recommends: BICYCLE! A Love Story
- cooppa: New media cooperative for sustainability
- CCCA Statement on Economic Growth in Constitution
- (Deutsch) Blog: Zwentendorf lässt grüßen
- Brau Union and Spitz certified as “Green Brands”
- A Contribution to the “Landscape of Knowledge”
- Economic Advantages of a Europe without nuclear power
- SERI at the Global Goals Conference